STSU 112 - Building Math Confidence
Designed for those who want to improve their attitude toward mathematics. Explores feelings and develops strategies to overcome math phobia. Emphasis will be placed on problem-solving approaches to diagrammed, descriptive, and symbolic number problems. This course is open to students at all levels of mathematical skills, whether preparing for a job, college courses, a test, or living in a world where numbers matter. One hour lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 112.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding how management of success in mathematics differs from all other academic subjects.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in the study of mathematics.
- Demonstrate specific math study skills such as time management, homework skills, reading math book, math test-taking skills and relaxation.
- Explain how math anxiety impacts the study of mathematics
- Create a positive learning environment for mathematics.
- Develop a math educational plan that is consistent with the student’s major.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]