STSU 120 - Career Development: Dynamics and Application
Designed for students interested in developing career goals and creating a plan of action. The course provides students with an opportunity to learn and develop skills for a lifetime of career-related decision making. Emphasis will be placed on personal academic and occupational exploration, resume writing, interviewing, and effective job search strategies. Two hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 103.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Articulate how personal history, skills, interests, personality preferences, values and abilities influence career and life planning.
- Describe a model of decision-making.
- Formulate a personal career development plan and/or goals.
- Conduct occupational research.
- Locate and utilize on-campus and/or online career resources.
- Provide examples of effective job search strategies.
- Construct a targeted resume and cover letter.
- Summarize dos and don’ts of the interview process.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]