STSU 120 - Career Development: Dynamics and Application
Designed for students interested in developing career goals and creating a plan of action. The course provides students with an opportunity to learn and develop skills for a lifetime of career-related decision making. Emphasis will be placed on personal academic and occupational exploration, resume writing, interviewing, and effective job search strategies. Two hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 103.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Articulate how personal history, skills, interests, personality preferences, values and abilities influence career and life planning.
- Describe a model of decision-making.
- Formulate a personal career development plan and/or goals.
- Conduct occupational research.
- Locate and utilize on-campus and/or online career resources.
- Provide examples of effective job search strategies.
- Construct a targeted resume and cover letter.
- Summarize dos and don'ts of the interview process.
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2017 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]