STSU 122 - Principles of Academic Success
Designed specifically for students who want to improve their academic performance and achievement in college courses, this course explores the development of the qualities, attitudes, and behaviors of successful students. Topics include accepting personal responsibility, discovering self-motivation, setting and achieving academic and personal goals, mastering self-management, and gaining self-awareness. Two hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 106.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to employ strategies to increase self-efficacy in making personal and academic choices.
- Identify behaviors impacting success.
- Effectively create, analyze, and evaluate personal, academic, and life goals.
- Articulate and assess the role of interpersonal relationships and their impact on academic and personal success.
- Describe different learning preferences and utilize their own learning style to maximize success.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]