ANTH 260 - Independent Study Anthropology
(G and R only)
A course designed to enable advanced students to pursue a topic of their own choosing with the guidance and supervision of an assigned faculty member. Topics should not duplicate any course topics already offered in the program. PREREQUISITE(S): ANTH 201 or ANTH 215 or ANTH 240 and consent of department. Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly AN 220.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Review and comprehend relevant discipline literature.
- Conduct a literature review producing annotated bibliography.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific methods of research.
- Apply research methods such as interviews, site visits, fieldwork and comparative analysis.
- Identify academic sources pertaining to the topic of choice.
- Interpret data on current problems.
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2017 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]