ARAB 102 - Elementary Arabic II
A continuation of ARAB 101 . Students continue their study of written language, conversation, and composition in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) as they consider cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): ARAB 101 or equivalent proficiency. Five hours each week. Formerly AB 102.
5 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening using Modern Standard Arabic (MSA).
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication, using Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) at the advanced elementary level of proficiency.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions at the advanced elementary level, including expressing routines, making comparisons, and requesting and giving permission.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations at the advanced elementary level as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Arabic.
- Discuss the cultures and specific cultural practices of the Arabic speaking world, at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Winter 2017 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2017 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2017 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]