ARAB 102 - Elementary Arabic II
A continuation of ARAB 101 . Students continue their study of written language, conversation, and composition in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) as they consider cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): ARAB 101 or equivalent proficiency. Five hours each week. Formerly AB 102.
5 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening using Modern Standard Arabic (MSA).
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication, using Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) at the advanced elementary level of proficiency.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions at the advanced elementary level, including expressing routines, making comparisons, and requesting and giving permission.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations at the advanced elementary level as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Arabic.
- Discuss the cultures and specific cultural practices of the Arabic speaking world, at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]