ENGL 273 - Advanced Creative Writing of Poetry
Develops further the writing skills of those students who have demonstrated the ability to write poetry of merit. Students study in depth two modern poets in order to recognize style and thematic patterns. Students’ poems will be critiqued in a workshop setting. PREREQUISITE(S): ENGL 272 or consent of instructor based on a portfolio of student work. Three hours each week. Formerly EN 224.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Apply key literary concepts and techniques to improve his/her own writing.
- Evaluate his/her own work and the work of his/her classmates, and provide constructive criticism in a collaborative workshop setting.
- Recognize and understand the techniques of established writers and apply them to his/her own work.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in the writing process as it pertains to creative writing through drafting, revising and presenting individual work.
- Show an understanding of poetry that reflects a diversity of poets whose work has contributed to the genre.
- Analyze and evaluate poetry for style and thematic patterns.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]