ARTT 100 - Introduction to Drawing
(ARTD, GEIR, GEEL)
An introduction to drawing and creative visual problem solving. Emphasis is on the analysis and exploration of basic observational drawing techniques in the visual interpretation of natural and fabricated forms. Students will be introduced to a variety of drawing media. Two hours lecture, four hours studio each week. Formerly AR 101.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and awareness to engage in creative problem solving that synthesizes discipline knowledge and methodologies with information from different fields of study and/or global sources.
- Recognize and utilize elements of the visual language in developing creative solutions.
- Employ the appropriate skills necessary to complete projects with intention, a high degree of craftsmanship, and aesthetic principles.
- Communicate an understanding of visual literacy utilizing appropriate terminology and concepts.
- Develop and apply observational skills to produce visual representations of natural and fabricated forms.
Click here for the Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2018 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2018 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]