BLDG 188 - Solar Thermal Design and Installation
An overview of the fundamentals necessary to design and install a solar thermal hot water and heating system. Topics include residential solar thermal systems, sizing, mounting, equipment, permitting, code requirements, and financial and environmental incentives. Three hours lecture, one hour laboratory each week. Formerly BU 186.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the operation of a solar thermal heating system.
- Describe the operation of a solar thermal hot water system.
- Identify various types of thermal panel mounting systems.
- Identify the primary components in a solar thermal system.
- Identify resources that provide financial incentive information as it applies to the installation of solar thermal systems.
Click here for the Spring 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]