GDES 242 - Animation 3: Motion Capture and Character Development
The study of motion capture systems and character development as it applies to the production of animation, gaming, and video. Students will gain practical experience in the use of motion capture technology to collect real-time data. Following data capture, students will transfer the information to a computer system using 3-D software where it will be manipulated, enhanced, and assigned to a character. PREREQUISITE(S): GDES 240 . Two hours lecture, three hours laboratory each week. Formerly GD 242.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Compare motion capture use in various applications.
- Identify all components of a motion capture system.
- Demonstrate the assembly and calibration of a motion capture system.
- Link motion capture data to a computer-based system.
- Use appropriate software to acquire movements produced by the motion capture system.
- Employ appropriate 3-D software for manipulation and enhancement of transferred motion capture data.
- Demonstrate character development using appropriate software.
- Use appropriate software to produce character audio.
- Use appropriate software to output animation.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]