MUSC 170 - Chamber Singers
Established as a madrigal-inspired chorus. Music from Renaissance through modern classical, jazz, and popular styles is performed on both the collegiate and recital concert series. Required of vocal music majors. Open to other students by consent of department. May be repeated. Three hours each week. Formerly MU 162.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Sing in a small choral group.
- Demonstrate knowledge of choral singing.
- Apply diction for singing the chosen repertoire: English, Latin, German, Hebrew, Spanish, and French.
- Auditions for Choral groups at transfer schools, or local choral groups.
- Demonstrate improved music sight reading skills.
- Demonstrate a concept of the teamwork involved in singing in a small ensemble.
- Apply the concept of “vocal health”.
- Demonstrate knowledge of score marking in rehearsal.
- Identify some of the classical choral repertoire.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)