MUSC 194 - Ear Training and Sightsinging I
(R only) CE
Vocal reading and dictation of rhythm patterns, intervals, interval groups, scales, diatonic patterns, and simple diatonic melodies. Assignments will include work with recorded exercises. Normally taken concurrently with MUSC 190 . PREREQUISITE(S): Music major status or consent of department. Two hours each week. Formerly MU 124.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Sing diatonic melodies at sight using the solfege system.
- Distinguish diatonic intervals by ear.
- Provide a written dictation of melodies played to him/her.
- Hear, identify, and write out simple and compound rhythms by ear.
- Hear tonal melodies in relation to “do” (i.e. the key’s fixed center pitch)
- Distinguish the four triad types by ear and write them, on all notes, accordingly
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)