NURS 121 - Basic Health Assessment
Provides instruction and guided practice in the assessment techniques used to gather subjective and objective data from patients in a health care setting and the documentation of that data. Assessment of all body systems is covered. PREREQUISITE(S): Admission to the nursing program or consent of the program coordinator. PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in BIOL 150 . Three hours laboratory each week. Formerly NU 121.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of health assessment through the application of the Five Dimensions of Man, Maslow’s theory and/or Erikson growth and developmental stages in patient care.
- Utilize professional, collaborative and therapeutic communication skills during the health assessment process.
- Apply the nursing process to each health assessment.
- Discuss the legal and ethical considerations of a health assessment.
- Identify normal versus abnormal assessment findings.
- Demonstrate mastery of documentation and documentation tools.
- Complete a Health History.
- Demonstrate mastery of health assessment techniques.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)