PHED 101 - Badminton
Emphasizes learning individual skills, tactics, strategy, history, rules, and etiquette. Competitive techniques of singles and doubles play. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 920 /ELAR 970 /READ 095 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE 101.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiencies in the following skills: the grip, the ready position, forehand stroke, backhand stroke, clear shot, and drop shot.
- Explain the relationship of the skill development drills to their game play.
- Explain, execute, and diagram strategies and concepts for both singles and doubles play
- Apply the basic rules of the sport of badminton to their games.
- Improve their physical conditioning, through a combination of aerobic and non-aerobic exercise.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)