PHED 160 - Group Fitness
An introduction to group fitness, which uses a variety of exercises and exercise equipment to develop group fitness workouts such as intervals, body weight, stability balls, tubing, and kick boxing to improve total body fitness. Lectures on health, nutrition, and fitness-related topics. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . One hour lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly PE 174.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Assess Group Fitness programs for safety, creativity, and effectiveness for improving fitness levels.
- Complete workouts while taking the necessary precautions to prevent injury.
- Define concepts and terms related to fitness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the essential nutrients and the role of nutrition in developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physiological principles involved with cardiovascular and muscular strength and endurance training.
- Determine his or her own target heart rate.
- Evaluate personal fitness levels through a fitness assessment.
- Show enhanced knowledge of current, factual information regarding fitness.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)