PHED 167 - Personal Fitness II
An individualized exercise program will be utilized to continue the maintenance and improvement of the health-related components of physical fitness. Includes concepts and methods associated with sustaining motivation and developing a lifestyle adherence to exercise. PREREQUISITE(S): PHED 166 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE 184.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Develop appreciable gains in the health-fitness components of cardiorespiratory (aerobic) endurance, flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance, as well as improvements of body composition.
- Identify and interpret basic scientific training principles that influence the acquisition of the major components of health-related fitness.
- Develop and demonstrate correct exercise techniques and utilize sound methods to improve or maintain fitness status.
- Design and implement a personalized exercise program to improve or maintain fitness status.
- Monitor and record workload information during each class session: heart rate, RPE, distance, work load, and duration of aerobic exercise; repetitions, weight loads and number of sets for muscular strength and endurance exercises.
- Analyze training records to assess progress and program effectiveness.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)