PRNT 131 - Photoshop Digital Production for Printing and Publishing I
Entry-level course using Adobe Photoshop production techniques to process digital images for printing and publishing. Students color correct digital images for printing, web publishing, and other electronic media. Topics include retouching, sharpening, and color management. Prepare images for printing on desktop printers, printing presses, and high-resolution digital printing equipment. Four hours each week. Formerly PR 131.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Digitally capture color and grayscale images at appropriate size and resolution as per job specifications.
- Define and explain color theory and color management as they apply to graphic arts technology.
- Apply global color corrections in Photoshop using adjustment layers. Apply local color corrections using adjustment layers and layer masks.
- Retouch and repair digital images for print publishing.
- Sharpen digital images for print output.
- Isolate image content using Photoshop’s selection tools and masking techniques. Modify selections and masks.
- Produce composite images using Photoshop’s layers and layer masks.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)