PRNT 232 - Photoshop Digital Production for Printing and Publishing II
Advanced course using Adobe Photoshop production techniques. Students use advanced masking techniques with professional color correction to process digital images to meet the needs of the printing and publishing industry. Images will be output to high-resolution digital proofing and printing equipment. PREREQUISITE(S): PRNT 131 or consent of department. Four hours each week. Formerly PR 232.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Process digital image raw files for high-quality print production.
- Implement Photoshop color management using International Color Consortium color profiles.
- Apply industry standard color correction techniques to prepare images for high-resolution digital printing.
- Apply image noise reduction and sharpening in a digital production workflow.
- Isolate detailed image content using refined selection edges and advanced masking techniques.
- Produce complex image composites using advanced layer techniques.
- Automate image processing production techniques using Photoshop actions.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)