RADT 125 - Clinical Radiology IV
Continues clinical instruction essential to the applied practice of radiography. Students are assigned to a new clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. In this competency-based program students are assessed in their compliance with radiation safety and their performance of radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography. Specialized rotations offer the student an opportunity to develop competence in the areas of the operating room and pediatrics. The student must complete 360 hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 102 , RADT 112 , RADT 124 or consent of program coordinator. 360 Hours. Formerly RT125.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Exhibit consistent professional conduct, patient care, communication and customer service skills in all related interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate safe clinical practices and patient safety.
- Demonstrate consistency with an effective process for performing basic and more complex radiographic examinations.
- Apply consistent radiation protection methods, as indicated for specific radiographic procedures.
- Exhibit competence and confidence on all applicable radiographic examinations with a minimum of 90 percent accuracy according to essential criteria.
- Demonstrate accuracy with technical settings and manipulation to produce an optimum quality radiograph.
- Produce optimum radiographs and effectively evaluate them for corrections as needed for image quality and anatomy demonstrated.
- Demonstrate manipulation of the C-arm and portable machine in the surgical environment.
- Apply critical thinking in clinical situations.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)