RADT 225 - Clinical Radiology VI
Strengthens clinical instruction essential to the mastery of the actual practice of radiography. Students attend a variety of assigned clinical affiliates to participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. In this competency-based program students are assessed in their compliance with radiation safety and their performance of radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography, operating room, pediatrics, and outpatients. Students observe advanced modalities, including computed tomography and Interventional Radiography. The student must complete 360 hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 206 , RADT 211 , RADT 224 or consent of program coordinator. COREQUISITE(S): RADT 207 and RADT 240 . 360 Hours. Formerly RT 225.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Exhibit exceptional professional conduct, patient care, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate safe clinical practices and patient safety at an advanced level.
- Apply consistent and advanced radiation protection methods, as indicated for a variety of radiographic procedures in all settings.
- Exhibit competence and confidence on a variety of radiographic examinations with a minimum of 90 percent accuracy according to essential criteria.
- Demonstrate accuracy with technical settings and apply consistent manipulation to produce an optimum quality radiograph in all settings.
- Demonstrate consistent manipulation of the C-arm and portable machine in the surgical environment.
- Apply appropriate technical skills and patient care strategies in pediatric radiography.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills in more advanced clinical situations.
- Identify the function of advanced imaging modality principles and their applications.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)