RUSS 202 - Intermediate Russian II
A continuation of RUSS 201 . Students further their ability to communicate in Russian through an advanced consideration of cultural themes and a review of Russian grammar to support an increased focus on reading and composition. In-class work is supplemented by 10 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): RUSS 201 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly RU 202.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Read and write in Russian at the intermediate + level of proficiency, continuing work with the Cyrillic alphabet system.
- Apply advanced grammatical structures, including subjunctive and conditional clauses that support communication at the intermediate level of proficiency.
- Compose creative as well as descriptive, narrative, and expository pieces.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions in speech and in writing, including the following:
- a. expressing emotions appropriately
- b. communicating in specific environments and contexts.
- Demonstrate a heightened appreciation of the cultures and cultural practices of the Russian-speaking world.
- Consider authentic cultural products in art, music, film, and literature.
- Recognize and further develop their ability to actively engage in appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors as these correspond to their increasing linguistic ability in Russian.
- Engage in cultural activities outside of class.
- Produce and present an additional group cultural project as an integral part of class.
- Produce and present a cultural project.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)