SPAN 102 - Elementary Spanish II
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, [M])
A continuation of SPAN 101 . Students continue their study of written language, conversation, and composition as they consider cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): SPAN 101 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly SN 102.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication at the advanced elementary level of proficiency.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions including the following: expressing routines, making comparisons, and requesting and giving permission.
- Discuss Hispanic culture and specific cultural practices at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Discuss the relationship between the cultural practices and products under consideration at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Spanish.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)