Dec 04, 2020
SPAN 203 - Intensive Intermediate Spanish
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, [M])
An intensive intermediate language course comparable to SPAN 201 and SPAN 202 . Students further their abilities to consideration of cultural themes and a thorough review of Spanish of grammar to support increased focus on reading and composition. In-class work is supplemented by 10 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): SPAN 102 , SPAN 103 or consent of department. Four hours each week. Formerly SN 203.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced intermediate level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply advanced grammatical structures, such as complex verb forms and subjunctive and conditional clauses, which support communication at both the intermediate and advanced intermediate level of proficiency.
- Compose creative as well as descriptive, narrative, and expository pieces that reflect a progression from intermediate to advanced intermediate level of written production.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions in speech and in writing, including the following:
- a. analyzing oral and written discourse
- b. using appropriate language registers
- c. expressing emotions appropriately
- d. communicating in specific environments and contexts.
- Describe Hispanic culture or specific cultural practices at an advanced intermediate level appropriate for an intensive language course by using complex sentences and words.
- Analyze and interpret authentic cultural products in art, music, film, and literature.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Spanish.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced intermediate level as an integral part of the class.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)