NWIT 105 - Introduction to Cloud Computing
Introduces essential characteristics of a cloud environment, various cloud services and deployment models, the role of virtualization in cloud computing, and major cloud providers. Students will explore some of the challenges of cloud deployment, with emphasis in the area of security. Assessment Level(s): AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the evolution and advantages of cloud computing.
- Compare the various cloud delivery models, including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Explain the four common cloud deployment models.
- List security threats in a cloud computing infrastructure.
- Summarize the types of cloud security controls and describe at what point each control is employed.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)