NURS 121 - Basic Health Assessment
Provides instruction and guided practice in the assessment techniques used to gather subjective and objective data from patients in a health care setting and the documentation of that data. Assessment of all body systems is covered. PREREQUISITE(S): Admission to the nursing program or consent of the program coordinator. PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in BIOL 150 . Three hours laboratory each week.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of health assessment through the application of the Five Dimensions of Man, Maslow’s theory and/or Erikson growth and developmental stages in patient care.
- Utilize professional, collaborative and therapeutic communication skills during the health assessment process.
- Apply the nursing process to each health assessment.
- Discuss the legal and ethical considerations of a health assessment.
- Identify normal versus abnormal assessment findings.
- Demonstrate mastery of documentation and documentation tools.
- Complete a Health History.
- Demonstrate mastery of health assessment techniques.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)