PHTH 112 - Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant
General pathology with emphasis on the study of diseases and disorders most commonly seen in physical therapy practice. Diseases of the musculoskeletal, nervous, and cardiopulmonary systems as well as metabolic disorders will be emphasized. PREREQUISITE(S): BIOL 212 . COREQUISITE(S): PHTH 102 , PHTH 104 , PHTH 113 . Two hours each week.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe actions designed to minimize transmission of infectious agents encountered in typical practice settings.
- Differentiate between normal and pathological physiologic function.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal human physiology systems which have relevance to the practice of physical therapy.
- Discuss the potential impact of physical therapy intervention on pathological conditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to educate other individuals about normal physiological function and pathology.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)