RADT 120 - Clinical Radiology II
Provides the inexperienced first year radiologic technology student with the introductory clinical instruction essential to the actual practice of radiography. Students attend an assigned clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. In this competency-based program, students are assessed in their compliance with radiation safety and their performance of radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography. Specialized rotations introduce students to the surgical suite (operating room). The student must complete 240 clinical hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 119 or consent of program coordinator. COREQUISITE(S): RADT 101 and RADT 111 . 240 Hours.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Exhibit appropriate professional conduct in a clinical setting.
- Develop the appropriate patient care, communication, and customer service skills for all interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate safe clinical practices and patient safety.
- Demonstrate an effective routine for performing radiographic examinations.
- Apply radiation protection methods, as indicated, for specific radiographic procedures.
- Exhibit competence under direct supervision on all applicable radiographic examinations with a minimum of 90 percent accuracy based on essential criteria.
- Demonstrate awareness of effective use of technical settings and manipulation of equipment to produce an optimum quality radiograph.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the surgical suite, c-arm, and portable machine manipulation in a sterile environment.
- Evaluate radiographs for optimum image quality and anatomy.
- Develop critical thinking skills applicable to in clinical situations.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)