ENGL 258 - Techniques of Proofreading and Editing
For students in or preparing for careers that require them to proofread or edit material written by others. Emphasis is placed on the fundamental concepts of proofreading and editing, including copy marking, levels of editing, and procedures. PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in ENGL 101 and ENGL 110 , or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly EN 125.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Use techniques to find errors in documents.
- Correct errors in documents.
- Use different approaches to edit a document depending on the document, the deadline, and the writer’s interests.
- Work successfully with writers.
- Identify different levels of edit and determine which is appropriate.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)