Mar 30, 2023
HINM 280 - Research in Health Information
(TP/SS only) CE
This course is designed to enhance the student’s ability in research methodologies. The student will use computerized databases and spreadsheets to prepare a project related to a health care topic. Basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills are necessary. PREREQUISITE(S): CMAP 120 , MATH 110 or MATH 117 , HINM 210 , and HINM 215 , or consent of program coordinator. Two hours laboratory each week. Formerly HI 226.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the components of a research proposal.
- Prepare research proposal.
- Identify the components of a survey document.
- Prepare a survey document.
- Identify specific uses of a spreadsheet in a health information environment.
- Identify characteristics of a database.
- Abstract data and display the results.
- Perform data base queries.
- Prepare data for presentation.
- Design reports using database report generation and present data.
View Schedule of Classes
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)