POLI 242 - State and Local Government
Powers, organization, and functions of state and local governments; case studies. Emphasis on the governments of the state of Maryland and of Montgomery County. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly PS 102.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe and explain state and local governments’ structure, functions, problems, and their impact on residents in the USA.
- Recognize and analyze the unique nature of politics and government in Maryland and Montgomery County.
- Apply skills and concepts to work with decision makers (elected and appointed state and local government).
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to lobby state and local official effectively to bring about change.
- Describe and explain the challenges facing Maryland and Montgomery County in the current year and beyond and relate those factors to his or her daily life.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)