BLDG 186 - Wind Generator Systems
An introduction to wind energy electrical systems. Topics include wind assessment, small wind system siting and selection, towers, permitting, code requirements, and financial and environmental incentives. Utility scale wind energy will also be explored. Two hours lecture, one-half hour laboratory each week. Formerly BU 185.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the operation of a small wind turbine generator.
- Identify electrical specifications of small wind turbines.
- Identify resources that provide financial incentive information as it applies to the installation of solar PV systems.
- Identify wind and weather conditions for optimal wind turbine operation
- Identify various types of wind turbine towers.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)