CMSC 260 - Computer Security
Surveys major topics in assessment and development of security procedures for a variety of computer systems. The course emphasizes security needs, risk assessment, and practical measures for security management. Topics include Internet and web security, LAN security, protection of personal computers, physical security, hardware and software protection and products, virus countermeasures, and the human aspects of computer security. PREREQUISITE(S): CMSC 110 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly CS 210.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the organizational role and individual role in security
- Describe the concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Describe and utilize the various security stands and protocols
- Identify the roles of network security and infrastructure security
- Implement an intrusion detection system, a disaster recovery strategy, or a risk management methodology
- Implement Internet and Web security concepts
- Describe the impact of physical security.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)