DANC 204 - Modern Dance IV
A progression of contemporary dance as presented in DANC 203 . Emphasis is on more complex movement phrases. Individual expression, musicality, style, and performance are stressed. Improvisational skills are employed. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 203 or consent of department. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits with consent of department. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly DN 204.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased technical ability, control, and balance.
- Demonstrate increased speed, power, and endurance.
- Demonstrate increasingly complex falls, rolls, jumps, and turns.
- Begin using improvisation to explore movement from many approaches, such as level, direction, abstraction, gesture, and others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical roots of contemporary modern dance in written and oral communication.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)