EDUC 050 - Praxis I Reading/Writing Test Preparation
Passing scores on Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test (or another Maryland state-mandated basic skills assessment) are required to earn the Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, as well as for entry into any teacher certification program in Maryland. This course is designed to help prepare students to successfully complete the reading and writing portions of the Praxis I. Reviews reading and writing skills necessary for the exam plus builds test-taking skills and strategies. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , MATH 050 , READ 120 . One hour each week. Formerly ED 050.
1 semester hour
May not be taken concurrently withMATH 017 or MATH 020 or MATH 045 without appropriate Math assessment score.
ONE EQUIVALENT CREDIT HOUR. NOT APPLICABLE TO A DEGREE OR CERTIFICATE. MAY NOT BE USED TO SATISFY DEGREE REQUIREMENTS. NOT INCLUDED IN GPA CALCULATION.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand the structure, format, and content of the Praxis I Reading and Writing tests.
- Apply reading comprehension strategies and techniques.
- Recognize common grammatical errors at the sentence level.
- Plan, organize and write a 30-minute essay.
- Complete practice tests under simulated conditions.
- Apply writing and reading comprehension test taking strategies.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)