DATA 205 - Capstone Experience in Data Science
A comprehensive, project-based course where Montgomery College and its partners in industry, science, and government work alongside faculty and students providing expertise, guidance, and real data. Course includes topics in advanced data mining, data ethics, and reproducible research. PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in DATA 110 or consent of department. PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): DATA 201 . Four hours each week.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Conduct autonomous research in data science.
- Apply Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM) methodology to analysis projects.
- Develop original yet reproducible analyses in a variety of formats for the general public and for members of the data science community.
- Apply data analysis and archiving techniques in a sample application area such as of industry, science, or public service.
- Assess different analysis techniques and justify the selection of a particular model or technique.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)