ARTT 102 - Introduction to 2D Design
(ARTD, GEIR, GEEL)
An introduction to the elements and principles of visual expression with an emphasis on two-dimensional form. Students will explore a wide range of conceptual approaches and media to develop critical visual thinking and the capacity to engage in creative problem solving. An interdisciplinary, cross-cultural approach will be stressed to connect the formal and conceptual elements of visual expression within the context of both historical and contemporary visual culture. Two hours lecture, four hours studio each week. Formerly AR 103.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and awareness to engage, individually and/or collaboratively, in creative problem solving that incorporates a wide range of influences, concepts and media.
- Recognize and utilize elements and principles of two-dimensional visual expression in developing creative solutions.
- Develop creative visual solutions that recognize and address contemporary issues.
- Recognize and incorporate a variety of global influences and perspectives in developing creative solutions.
- Incorporate information from different fields of study, and employ a range of ideas in creative problem solving.
- Demonstrate the skills and awareness to engage in the relational dynamic between the artist, the audience, and the larger culture.
- Employ the appropriate skills necessary to complete projects with a high degree of craftsmanship.
- Communicate a verbal and written understanding of visual literacy.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]