CMGT 135 - Construction Field Operations
(R only) CE-R
Introduces field management from the superintendent’s standpoint. Topics include job site analysis and planning, utilization of equipment, labor and material coordination, records and documentation, field scheduling, safety methods and programs, production efficiency and improvement, leadership and motivation, communications, and human relations. Site visitations and laboratory experiences supplement class discussions. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 002 , READ 120 . Three hours lecture/discussion, one hour laboratory each week. Formerly CT 135.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the general aspects and variables related to Construction Field Management.
- Develop an understanding of Construction Field Management techniques and processes as affected by the work environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the general process of managing on site resources of labor, material, equipment, money and time.
- Develop an understanding of the basics of scheduling, management techniques, and field engineering and layout.
- Describe the basics of field communication, both written and oral and the keeping of proper job site records.
- Identify and manage project risks such as safety, weather, and project resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of dealing with subcontractors, inspectors, owners and suppliers for a project.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]