CMGT 190 - Computer Applications in Construction
(R only) CE-R
Reviews software applications in construction project management, administration, estimating, scheduling, and cost control. Topics include an introduction to software packages used in subsequent courses, and Internet applications in construction. PREREQUISITE(S): CMAP 120 or consent of department. Two hours lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly CT 190.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify basic computer hardware components used in construction management.
- Demonstrate general computer usage skills. In the construction field .
- Articulate general computer vocabulary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ‘Windows’ GUI and OS capabilities.
- Use web browser software to navigate the Internet for web-based investigation and communication resources.
- Use word processing software to develop documents for clear communications with project participants.
- Use spreadsheet software to develop spreadsheets for collecting, organizing, and manipulating information.
- Analyze construction plans, as required for performing cost estimating and project scheduling.
- Apply computer based project estimating, using Timberline software tools.
- Apply computer based project scheduling, using Primavera software tools.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)