CMGT 210 - Construction Management
(R only) CE-R
Covers all phases of construction project management. The course introduces the procedures, responsibilities, methodology, and techniques utilized in the construction management process. Topics include an overview of the construction and design industries, company organization, construction contracts and project delivery methods, project chronology, bidding procedures, construction estimating, scheduling, cost control, field operations, safety standards and procedures, and project administration. The course includes a general overview of the use of computers in project management. PREREQUISITE(S): CMGT 135 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly CT 212.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling a construction project.
- Recognize and define the resources and documents used in construction management and project administration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various functional areas of construction management such as construction estimating, scheduling, cost control, operations, and construction project administration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology and language related to construction management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of other disciplines and professional roles related to construction management.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of general business organization and accounting management principles
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]