EMGT 101 - Principles of Emergency Management
This course introduces students to the field of emergency management. Emphasis is on the role, duties, and importance of the Emergency Manager and how various emergency management services (fire personnel, police, security, healthcare providers, etc.) work together in a system of resources and capabilities. It includes the role of national, regional, and local services in a variety of disasters. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 / ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly EP 101.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Discuss the historical context of emergency management.
- Analyze natural and technological hazards and risk assessment.
- Describe the components of the emergency management system.
- Identify the various resources available to respond to and deal witih a variety of emergency situations.
- Describe the four phases of emergency management.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]