FIRE 102 - Fire Behavior and Combustion
(R only) CE-R
Explores the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start and spread, and how they are controlled. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly FS 105.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify physical properties of the three states of matter.
- Categorize the components of fire.
- Recall the physical and chemical properties of fire.
- Describe and apply the process of burning.
- Define and use basic terms and concepts associated with the chemistry and dynamics of fire.
- Describe the dynamics of fire.
- Discuss various materials and their relationship to fires as fuel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of water as a fire suppression agent.
- Articulate other suppression agents and strategies.
- Compare other methods and techniques of fire extinguishments.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]