LGST 122 - Law Office Administration
(G and TP/SS only)
A study of the principles of law office administration including organizational structures, law office personnel, systems approach, equipment, timekeeping, bookkeeping and accounting practices, indexing and filing, calendar and monitoring systems, library and retrieval systems, the office manual, and the law office layout. Students will complete practical problems in several areas. Major emphasis will be on the development and use of systems in the law office, including software, with the expectation of increasing efficiency and reducing legal costs. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 / ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly LA 122.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to effectively communicate the workings and management of a law office.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic ethical rules associated with the practice of law.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate in a professional setting.
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize current software for law office administration and case management.
- Identify proper law firm accounting and time-keeping procedures.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]