NWIT 127 - Microcomputer Essentials
(G only) CE
An introduction to microcomputer hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components. Students will understand the basic functionality of the operating system and basic troubleshooting methodology, practice proper safety procedures, and will effectively interact with customers and peers. This course also prepares students to take the Essential exam for the CompTIA A+ Certificate. Assessment Level(s): AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Three hours each week. Formerly NW 127.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Explain, install, and configure microcomputer device components.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain microcomputer device components.
- Compare and contrast the different operating systems and their features.
- Apply the basics of networking fundamentals, including technologies, devices, and protocols to microcomputer devices.
- Explain the basic principles of security concepts and technologies.
- Outline the purpose of appropriate safety and environmental procedures and given a scenario, apply them.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of communication skills and professionalism in the workplace.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)