TVRA 255 - Advanced Broadcast Journalism
Intensive application in the planning and production of an actual news program. Students will operate on a realistic deadline to research, write, and create content, as well as performing crew functions for a weekly news program designed to inform the college and community. PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in TVRA 220 or TVRA 230 and in TVRA 227 . Three hours lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly TR 255.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Work as a member of a team to plan and execute a weekly news program.
- Write engaging and truthful news stories.
- Operate studio, editing and field production equipment in a time-sensitive, professional and safe manner.
- Assume the role of Producer and/or Director for a live newscast including planning and making content decisions based on newsworthiness and target audience, overseeing the writing, production and timing. of the program and leading the production crew.
- Review and critique both professional and student-produced news programs and make suggestions for improvement.
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites