TVRA 100 - Introduction to New Media
An introduction to the technical and marketing power of emerging social media platforms. Students will learn to become effective co-creators of social media content while working in a multimedia environment. Projects will incorporate sound and visual image production as a means of branding and communication. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Create audio and video content for social media to effectively engage the community while applying today’s social media etiquette.
- Identify the differences in social media platforms and methods for developing multimedia strategies related to their most effective use.
- Integrate audio and visual image production into relevant social media channels and internet-based platforms including audio based sharing platforms, streaming sites, and mobile delivery.
- Create and maintain a blog with regular updates and use social media and multimedia to drive traffic to that blog.
- Describe the ethical implications associated with the integration of traditional audio and video media into an emerging media platform.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)