CCJS 216 - Police Operations
Operational services; patrol, including analysis and distribution of the force; criminal investigation; intelligence and vice units; juvenile units; traffic administration. In-service law enforcement personnel may substitute this course for CCJS 201 . PREREQUISITE(S): CCJS 110 and CCJS 201 for preservice students, or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly CJ 216.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Define police operations and what they include.
- Comprehend the importance of the police mission and prepare a mission statement.
- Describe the complexity of communication problems law enforcement officials face.
- Summarize patrol responsibilities.
- Compare/contrast the kinds of patrol and determine advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Identify the official sources for crime statistics.
- Develop departmental policies.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)