EMGT 106 - Technology in Emergency Management
Provides an introduction and overview of the application of technology in emergency management. Students learn how to utilize technology in the support of emergency preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation efforts and the key elements that must be in place for technology to enhance the emergency management process. PREREQUISITE(S): EMGT 101 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly EP 107.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate technology applications and their role in emergency planning, response, recovery, and mitigation.
- Define the nature and extent of current and emerging technology and its use in emergency management.
- Demonstrate technology applications relevant to the four phases of emergency management.
- Define problems and issues associated with the introduction and use of technology applications in emergency management.
- Identify strategies for addressing issues and problems in using technology in emergency management.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)