GDES 240 - Animation 2: 3-D Modeling
An introduction to 3-D animation. Topics include principles of 3-D animation, virtual environments, modeling, image enhancement and 3-D animation techniques. PREREQUISITE(S): GDES 140 . Two hours lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly GD 240.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify basic 3-D animation techniques.
- Practice basic 3-D animation techniques.
- Employ basic principles of 3-D animation.
- Employ basic modeling techniques.
- Employ techniques of character design and development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sculptural concepts in three-dimensional space.
- Create basic as well as complex three-dimensional models.
- Create virtual interior and exterior three-dimensional environments.
- Employ image enhancement techniques for both models and environments.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)