HLTH 121 - Nutrition for Fitness and Wellness
An overview of the scientific principles of nutrition and weight management with particular application to fitness and sport. The focus is on optimal wellness and disease prevention. Nutritional and body composition guidelines will be critically examined in order to personalize them for the individual as well as for high-level participants in a variety of fitness activities. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 . Three hours each week. Formerly HE 108.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify major nutrients and their function in the human body.
- Explain how nutrition impacts health, physical activity, wellness, and sports performance.
- Identify study designs used in nutrition research and demonstrate knowledge of current, scientific-based information on nutrition and its influence on sports performance.
- Explain the impact nutrition has on the wellness and health of the global community, particularly in the development of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Analyze current personal dietary habits and design a diet, based on nutrition principles, to improve health and physical performance.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)