HLTH 131 - Drugs and Lifestyle Wellness
(BSSD, GEIR, GEEL)
An overview of the cultural drug phenomenon, its impact on society as well as the individual’s quality of life. Course content includes physiological and psychological effects of the use and abuse of street, over-the-counter, prescription, and other drug substances. Additionally, wellness lifestyle strategies will be examined as methods to avoid all types of chemical dependency. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly HE 111.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- List the major drug classifications and describe their characteristics.
- Analyze and discuss the reasons why individuals begin and continue to use psychoactive drugs.
- Describe how current views of drug use influence legislation, education and treatment options.
- Describe current drug use trends among different populations.
- Analyze, evaluate and discuss current information regarding drugs available online and in print.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)