IDES 116 - Interiors: Advanced Presentation Techniques
The techniques of rendering the elements of an interior space and accessories in detail, including the representation of light, texture, and color using various media. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 and IDES 110 or consent of interior design coordinator. Two hours lecture, four hours studio each week. Formerly ID 106.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding that clients need 3-d drawings to visualize space.
- Set up one- and two- point structural perspective.
- Find one and two-point vanishing points in photos.
- Distinguish between black and white line perspectives and oblique drawings.
- Comprehend the importance of color and how to use it.
- Use markers and colored pencils to enhance black & white line art.
- Lay out their ideas for materials and furniture desired.
- Draw and render a 3-D drawing for an interior design project.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)