IDES 116 - Interiors: Advanced Presentation Techniques
The techniques of rendering the elements of an interior space and accessories in detail, including the representation of light, texture, and color using various media. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 and IDES 110 or consent of interior design coordinator. Two hours lecture, four hours studio each week. Formerly ID 106.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding that clients need 3-d drawings to visualize space.
- Set up one- and two- point structural perspective.
- Find one and two-point vanishing points in photos.
- Distinguish between black and white line perspectives and oblique drawings.
- Comprehend the importance of color and how to use it.
- Use markers and colored pencils to enhance black & white line art.
- Lay out their ideas for materials and furniture desired.
- Draw and render a 3-D drawing for an interior design project.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)